White Chili Chicken
2 cups chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 (15-ounce) cans white beans, drained
1 (14.5-ounce) can chicken broth
2 (4-ounce) cans diced green chilies
2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
4 cups cubed, cooked chicken breast
Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Chopped fresh cilantro
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil in a 4-quart stockpot until onions are tender.
- Stir in beans, chicken broth, chiles and seasoning. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in chicken; heat through.
- Garnish each serving with cheese, picante sauce and cilantro.
- Makes 4 servings
- Recipe by the Washington Fryer Commission