White Chili VI
1 lbs dry navy beans
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 can cream of mushroom soup (condensed, undiluted)
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 vegetable bouillon cube
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 cups half-and-half
1 cup water
- Place navy beans in a soup kettle. Add water to cover by 2 inches and bring to a boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 1 hour.
- Return beans to pan. Add water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 45 mins. or until beans are tender. Drain and discard liquid. Set beans aside.
- In the same kettle, saute onions and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add soups, one cup water, potato, chili powder, bouillon and salt. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10 mins.
- Add garbanzo beans, half and half and navy beans. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Makes 10 servings
- Recipe contributed by Sharon123