White Chili II
2 1/2 cups water
1 teaspoon lemon pepper
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
4 chicken breast halves, skinned and boned
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 clove minced garlic
1 cup chopped onions
crushed tortilla chips
2 (9 ounce) packages frozen white corn, , thawed
2 (4-8 ounce) cans chopped green chilies
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2-3 teaspoons lime juice
2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, undrained
shredded Monterey jack cheese (, or whatever cheese you prefer)
- Mix water, lemon pepper and cumin seed in large saucepan and heat to a boil. Add chicken breast halves, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until chicken is fork tender and juices run clear, about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pot and cut into 1 inch pieces. Add chicken back to liquid in saucepan.
- Heat olive oil in skillet and cook onions and garlic for a minute or two and then add to saucepan with the chicken.
- Stir in corn, green chilies, ground cumin and lime juice and heat to a boil. Add beans and cook until thoroughly heated.
- To serve- place crushed tortilla chips and some shredded cheese into each bowl and ladle hot soup over them.
- Makes 6 servings
- Recipe contributed by Babs in Toyland