Texas Chili III
6 strips bacon
2 lbs. boneless beef cubes
2 cans (15 oz.) kidney beans, drained
1 can (28 oz.) tomatoes, cut up
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
1 c. finely chopped onion
1/2 c. thinly sliced carrots
1/2 c. finely chopped green pepper
1/2 c. finely chopped celery
2 tbsp. minced parsley
2 cloves garlic minced
1 bay leaf
2 tbsp. chili powder
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
- Fry bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and drain on paper towel.
- Brown half the beef cubes in pan with bacon drippings five minutes. Place in slow cooker.
- Repeat with remaining meat.
- Stir bacon and remaining ingredients into 3 1/2 quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low setting about 10 hours or until beef is tender.
- Stir occasionally. If you don't have a slow cooker place in large pot, cover, place on stove under low heat and follow directions above.
- Recipe by Southern U.S. Cuisine