Spicy Two Bean Chili
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 medium (1 cup) onions, chopped
2 ribs (1 cup) celery, sliced
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
1 cup beer or vegetable broth
1 (28-ounce) can tomatoes, cut up
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained
1 (15 1/2-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed, drained
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
LAND O LAKES® Sour Cream , if desired
Chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- Heat oil in 3-quart saucepan; add onions, celery and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until tender (3 to 4 minutes).
- Stir in all remaining chili ingredients. Continue cooking until mixture comes to a full boil (10 to 15 minutes).
- Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.
- Top each serving with sour cream and cilantro.
- Makes 5 servings
- Recipe by Land O Lakes, Inc.