Sandy's White Chili
1 lb navy beans
6 cups Swanson's chicken broth
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium onion, chopped
2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans chopped green chiles
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Combine beans, broth, garlic, and the onions in a large pot. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer until beans are soft (3 hours or more), adding more broth if needed.
- Add chiles, seasonings, and chicken to soup.
- When the chicken has cooked thoroughly, remove from soup, shred, and return to soup. Simmer for 1 hour.
- May be served with sour cream, salsa, and cheese.
- Makes 8 servings
- Recipe contributed by Deb Otto