Quick Ortega Chili
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 (15-ounce) cans kidney or black beans, undrained
- 2 (16-ounce) jars ORTEGA Salsa - Homestyle Recipe
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package ORTEGA® Taco Seasoning Mix
- Cook beef in 5- to 6-quart Dutch oven until brown.
- Stir in beans, salsa, water and seasoning mix. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Spoon half of chili into 2-quart freezer container or two 1-quart freezer containers. Seal, label and freeze for up to 2 months.
- Serve remaining chili with sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese, if desired.
- Makes 4 servings