Quick Beef & Black Bean Chili
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans chili-seasoned diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 (1 3/4 to 2 1/2-pound) package fully-cooked boneless beef pot roast with gravy
- Remove beef pot roast from package; transfer gravy to Dutch oven.
- Add tomatoes, beans, 1 cup water, chili powder and red pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cut pot roast into 1/2-inch pieces. Add to chili; heat through. Serve with toppings.
- Toppings: Chopped fresh cilantro, sliced green onion, shredded Cheddar cheese, dairy sour cream
- Makes 6 to 8 servings
- Recipe by the Beef Industry Council