- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (16-ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- In a saucepan cook ground beef, chopped onion, chopped green bell pepper, chopped red bell pepper, and crushed garlic clove. Cook until the beef is browned and the vegetables are tender, then drain.
- Add pinto beans and chili powder to the meat mixture.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Makes 4 servings