- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney, pinto or black beans
- 1 cup water
- 1 (4-ounce) can ORTEGA® Diced Green Chiles
- 1 (32-ounce) jar ORTEGA Salsa - Homestyle Recipe
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package ORTEGA® Taco Seasoning Mix
- Cook beef and onion in large saucepan until beef is browned; drain.
- Stir in salsa, beans, water, chiles and seasoning mix.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 25 minutes. Garnish as desired.
- Garnish suggestions: ORTEGA® Diced Jalapeños, shredded mild cheddar cheese or shredded Monterey Jack cheese, diced tomatoes, sliced ripe olives, sliced green onions, sour cream, and chopped onions.
- Makes 6 servings
- Recipe by Meals.com