1 1/4 pounds ground pork
1 1/2 cups chopped onions
1 cup green bell pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 bay leaf
2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- Brown pork in a large non-stick skillet; drain fat and discard.
- Add onion, green pepper and garlic; sauté until vegetables are soft, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in chili powder, vinegar, cumin, oregano, black pepper, red pepper and bay leaf; mix well.
- Add tomatoes; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
- Makes 8 servings