Overnight Dutch Oven Chili
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped 3 (14 ounce) cans sliced stewed tomatoes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans clear beef broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can French onion soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 20 ounces V-8 juice
- 2 (1 pound) cans red kidney beans, undrained
- 4 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground anise (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a 6-quart Dutch oven, brown ground beef in oil until all the pink is gone. Crumble with the back of a fork while it is browning.
- Remove from heat, and add remaining ingredients.
- Cover Dutch oven, and bake at 275 degrees F for 15 hours.
- Makes 8 to 10 servings