Out of the Ordinary Chili
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds round steak, diced
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 (15.5-ounce) cans kidney beans
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add diced round steak and saute until lightly browned; drain.
- Add water, chili powder, and curry; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes and kidney beans.
- Stir in chopped onions.
- Before serving, sprinkle with chopped green onions and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Makes 6 servings