Microwave Vegetable Chili
1 onion, chopped
1 cup thinly sliced celery
2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 zucchini, sliced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
1 (28-ounce) can chopped tomatoes, undrained
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- In a large microwave-safe baking dish, combine onion, celery, carrots and garlic. Microwave, covered, on HIGH for 7 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender.
- Add zucchini and green pepper, cook an additional 2 minutes before adding tomatoes and juice, kidney beans, chili powder, cumin and oregano.
- Microwave, covered, on HIGH for 16 to 18 minutes or until zucchini and green peppers are tender, stirring twice. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Sprinkle cheese on top before serving.
- Makes 6 servings