- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained
- Brown ground beef, add onion and bell pepper cook until onion turns transparent.
- Add tomatoes, kidney beans, chili powder, cumin, sugar, salt and red pepper.
- Bring to a boil reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve hot.
- Makes 6 servings
- Recipe by Wendy Maxwell