Los Venganza Del Almo Chili
1 tbsp oregano
2 tbsp paprika
2 tbsp MSG (monosodium glutamate)
11 tbsp Gebhardt's Chili powder
4 tbsp cumin
4 tbsp beef bouillon (instant, crushed)
36 oz Old Milwaukee beer
2 lbs. pork, cubed (thick butterfly pork chops)
2 lbs. chuck beef, cut into cubes
6 lbs. ground rump
4 large onions, finely chopped
10 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 cup Wesson oil or kidney suet
1 tsp mole (powdered), also called mole poblano
1 tbsp sugar
2 tsp coriander seed (from Chinese parsley, cilantro)
1 tsp Louisiana Red Hot Sauce (Durkee's)
8 oz tomato sauce
1 tbsp Masa Harina flour
salt to taste
- In a large pot, add paprika, oregano, MSG, chili powder, cumin, beef bouillon, beer and 2 cups water. Let simmer.
- In a separate skillet, brown meat in 1 lb. or 1 1/2 lbs. batches with Wesson oil or suet. Drain and add to simmering spices. Continue until all meat is done.
- Saute chopped onion and garlic in 1 T. oil or suet. Add to spices and meat mixture. Add water as needed. Simmer 2 hours.
- Add mole, sugar, coriander seed, hot sauce and tomato sauce. Simmer 45 min.
- Dissolve masa harina flour in warm water to form a paste. Add to chili. Add salt to taste. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add additional Louisiana Hot Sauce for hotter taste.
- Makes 1 pot
- Recipe by Bill Pfeiffer 1982 World Champion Chili