Huseman Texas Chili
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 2 cans (8 oz each) tomato sauce
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-1/2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 can (16 oz) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (one 28 oz, one 14-1/2 oz) stewed tomatoes
- In skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towel to drain.
- Brown beef in bacon drippings over medium heat; drain.
- Transfer to a 5-quart slow cooker; add bacon and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 9 to 10 hours or until the meat is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Recipe by P.J. & Rita Huseman