High Country Chili Verde
2 lbs diced green chilies (mild)
1 bunch chopped cilantro
1 lb diced green chilies (hot)
1 pasilla pepper, seeded and diced
1½ lb diced green tomatillos, husked and quartered
4 minced jalapeno peppers (2 seeded and deveined)
1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
4 serrano peppers, seeded and minced
2 bunches chopped green onions
3 lbs. Pork Sirloin Tip, ½ in. cubed
2 Tbs green chili powder
½ lb sausage, fried and chopped fine
7 Tbs cumin
5 oz can white meat chicken, drain and chopped
2 Tbs MSG
6 Tbs Lard Salt
Tabasco Habanero Hot Sauce as needed
8 cloves garlic, pressed
19 oz Las Palmas Green Enchilada Sauce
- Place all vegetables and powders in large pot and stir well.
- Fry pork with garlic in lard until light crust forms on cubes. Drain & pat dry with paper towels to remove excess lard then add to pot with vegetables.
- Bring to boil and reduce to simmer. After one hour add sausage.
- With 1 hour cooking time remaining add chicken. Stir occasionally through the 3 hour cooking time. Check for salt and add as needed.
- Last 10 minutes check for heat and add Tabasco Habanero Hot Sauce as needed.
- Recipe by Joe Barrett - World Champion 1999