- 12 ounces lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 5 to 6 cups cooked macaroni, warm
- 1 can (15 ounces) Dark Red Kidney beans or use 1 1/2 cups cooked dry- packaged Dark Red Kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 can (15 oz.) Garbanzo beans or 1 1/2 cups cooked dry-packaged Garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained
- Sauté ground beef, onion, and garlic in large saucepan until ground beef is browned, about 5 minutes; add spices, herbs and cocoa and cook 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans, and honey; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 15 minutes; uncover and simmer until thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Spoon chili over macaroni in bowls; garnish with green onions, feta cheese and olives.