- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle dark beer
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Garnish: pickled jalapeño pepper slices
- 2 (15-ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- Cook first 3 ingredients in a Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well.
- Combine meat mixture, beans, and next 11 ingredients in Dutch oven; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 3 hours or until thickened.
- Garnish, if desired.