Family Deluxe Chili
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (7-ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Brown ground beef and crushed garlic cloves in a skillet; drain.
- Add tomato sauce, chicken broth, chilies and salt. Simmer for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet heat oil over medium-low heat.
- Add flour, pepper, and cumin and cook for 5 minutes then stir into the ground beef mixture.
- Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.