Extra Hot Texas Chili
40 dried hot chili peppers or 1/4 cup crushed red pepper
3 dried ancho peppers, seeded, cut into 1" pieces and blended with above chiles
2 1/2 lbs. beef round steak, cut into 1/2" pieces
2 Tbs. oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 (10 1/2 oz.) can beef broth
1 1/3 cups water
1/2 tsp. dried oregano, crushed
Hot cooked Pinto Beans
- In a large saucepan, brown half of the meat in hot oil. With a slotted spoon, remove meat and set aside.
- Add remaining meat, onion, garlic, cumin, and ground chili peppers; cook till meat is brown.
- Return rest of meat to pan. Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 1 - 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with hot cooked Pinto Beans..
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- Recipe by ThomasLand Partners