Easy Pork Chili
1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, drained
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 quart V-8 tomato juice
- Heat oil in 4-quart Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add pork, onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pork is browned.
- Thoroughly stir in flour. Add remaining ingredients and simmer, uncovered, one hour.
- Serve, sprinkled with Cheddar cheese, if desired.
- Garnish each serving with a sprig of cilantro.