- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Combine ground beef and chopped onion in a kettle; cook until the beef is browned, stirring to crumble. Drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce, chopped green bell pepper, chili powder, salt, pepper, and oregano. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in kidney beans and continue cooking, covered, for 45 minutes. Uncover and cook an additional 15 minutes.