Easy Black Bean Chili On Rice
2 teaspoons LAND O LAKES® Butter
2 medium (1 cup) onions, chopped
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh garlic
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained
1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons canned chopped green chiles
1 teaspoon ground cumin
4 cups hot cooked rice
1 medium tomato, chopped
1/3 cup LAND O LAKES® Light or No·Fat Sour Cream
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Melt butter in 2-quart saucepan; add onions and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and lightly browned (5 minutes).
- Add beans, tomato sauce, chili powder, chilies and cumin. Continue cooking until heated through (5 minutes).
- Serve over hot cooked rice. Top with tomato, sour cream and cilantro.
- Makes 4 servings
- Recipe by Land O Lakes, Inc.