Coffee Liqueur Mayan Chili
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 pounds chuck steak, diced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 (15-ounce) cans whole tomatoes
- 2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup coffee liqueur
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a large kettle. Add 2 chopped onions and crushed garlic cloves saute until the onions are transparent.
- Add diced chuck steak and cook until browned; drain well. Add chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, and marjoram.
- Stir over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add salt, canned whole tomatoes, kidney beans, chopped green bell pepper, coffee liqueur, and chopped parsley.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer covered for 45 minutes.
- Serve topped with 1 cup chopped onion and shredded cheddar cheese.