- 1 qt beef broth
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1/4 cup onion flakes
- 4 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp instant minced onions
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/16 tsp ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 bay leaf
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp cider or white vinegar
- 1/2 oz unsweetened chocolate
- Boil beef broth in a 4-qt. saucepan. Slowly add beef to broth until meat separates into small pieces. Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, simmer, covered, 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Refrigerate overnight. Skim off fat and reheat.