Cincinnati Chili II
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium (1/2 cup) onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 cup water
- 1 (29-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (16-ounce) package uncooked dried spaghetti
- LAND O LAKES® Cheddar Cheese' s
- Chopped red onion, if desired
- Cook ground beef in 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned (4 to 5 minutes). Drain off fat, if necessary.
- Add onion and garlic; continue cooking until lightly browned (2 to 3 minutes). Stir in all remaining ingredients except spaghetti,cheese and red onion.
- Continue cooking until mixture comes to a boil (4 to 5 minutes). Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook until flavors are blended (50 to 60 minutes).
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain.
- To serve, divide cooked spaghetti evenly among 5 bowls; spoon chili mixture over spaghetti. Top each serving with cheese and onion, if desired.
- Recipe by Land O Lakes, Inc.