Chili with Corn Dumplings
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1 1/3 cups Bisquick Original baking mix
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (15 to 17 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- Cook beef and onion in Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the corn. Stir in remaining corn with liquid, tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, garlic salt and red pepper sauce into beef mixture. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Mix baking mix and cornmeal. Stir in milk, cilantro and reserved 1/2 cup corn just until moist.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto simmering chili. Cook uncovered over low heat 15 minutes. Cover and cook 15 to 18 minutes or until dumplings are dry.