Chile Con Carne
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes, (a 29-.oz can)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano, crushed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons ORTEGA® Diced Jalapeños
- 1/2 cup ORTEGA® Diced Green Chiles, (a 4-ounce can)
- 1 3/4 cups ORTEGA Salsa - Thick & Chunky (a 16-ounce jar)
- 3 1/2 cups kidney, pinto or black beans, (two 15-ounce.cans) drained
- Heat vegetable oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add beef, onions and garlic; cook for to 5 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in beans, crushed tomatoes, salsa, wine, chiles, chili powder, jalapeños, cumin, oregano and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook, stirring frequently, for 1 hour.