- 1 small can tomato paste
- 3 (15 oz.) cans tomato sauce
- 1 large can stewed tomatoes
- 1 green pepper (diced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 3 jalapeno peppers (diced)
- 1 lb ground beef or sliced steak
- 2 tsp chili powder (approximate)
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 can kidney or red beans
- Brown beef, peppers, and onion. Drain off any grease.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients. Add the beans last.
- Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to VERY low.
- Cook with the lid off 1 Hour. Then cook 1 hour with the lid on. Cook on VERY low heat!
- For a milder chili take out the cayenne pepper and the jalapenos.
- Its best with grated cheddar cheese on top and corn bread on the side!