- 3 cups dried beans, 1/2 pinto, 1/2 black beans
- 1 can S&W salsa
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 3 Chipotle peppers (or 4 or 5...)
- 1 large onion.
- 1 bulb garlic (6-8 cloves for the garlic-tolerance-impaired)
- 1/3 cup chili powder (maybe a bit much.)
- 1.5 lb ground beef ("chili grind", or braising tips cut into 1/4" cubes.)
- Soak the beans overnight.
- Brown the ground beef, and drain off the fat.
- If the chipotles are dried, soak them for 5 minutes in hot water, then pulverize them with the onion and garlic in a blender.
- Add onion, oregano, chili powder, cumin, beef, garlic, and beans to crock pot, with "enough" water.
- Let simmer for about 12 hours.
- About an hour before it's done, add the can of salsa.