- 2 pounds stewing beef, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Flour tortillas (Gorditas-Style), warmed
- 2 (7-ounce each) cans whole mild green (Anaheim) chilies, chopped
- In a Dutch oven or large saucepan brown beef cubes on all sides; add onion and garlic and cook until onion has softened.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 2 to 3 hours, or until beef is fork tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve with warm flour tortillas.