Chicken and Black Bean Chili
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound fresh ground chicken
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground sage
1 (14.5-ounce) can ready-cut tomatoes, undrained
2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oil in skillet or wide saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 2 more minutes.
- Add ground chicken and mix well, breaking up lumps. Cook until no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
- Add chili powder, cumin and sage; mix well. Add tomatoes with juices; mix well and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add black beans, stir and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with cheddar cheese, sour cream and green onions, if desired.