Busy Day Chili
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package chili seasoning mix
- 4 cups vegetable juice cocktail
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans chili-style chunky tomatoes
- 1 (16-ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 1/2 cup LAND O LAKES® Sour Cream
- 2 ounces (1/2 cup) LAND O LAKES® Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Heat oil in 4-quart saucepan; add turkey, onion and yellow pepper. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until turkey is no longer pink and vegetables are tender (5 to 8 minutes).
- While this is heating, brown the ground beef with chopped onion.
- Stir in chili seasoning mix. Stir in all remaining ingredients except sour cream and cheese. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until chili comes to a boil (5 to 7 minutes).
- To serve, dollop each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Recipe provided by Land O Lakes, Inc.