Black Bean Chili with Beef
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans
- 1 (28-ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (15-ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat a deep skillet over medium-high heat. Brown beef until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Add onion and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add beans (undrained), tomato purée, corn, chili powder, cumin and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, cover and lower heat; simmer gently for 10 minutes until thoroughly heated.