Awesome Texas Chili
- 2 lbs. chuck stew beef, cut into small chunks
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 can (15 oz) pinto beans, drained
- 12 oz. Tomato paste
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut into two pieces
- 5-10 slices of pickled jalpeno pepper slices
- 1 beer and enough water to equal 2 1/2 cups
- 1 1/2 tbs. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp red pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In large pot, brown meat in oil, in two batches, draining off fat after each batch.
- Return drained meat to pot.
- Add rest of ingredients and bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 hours.