30 Minute Chucky Beef and Corn Chili
- 1 pound lean beef cubed steaks
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 1/2 teaspoons spicy seasoning mix
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can plum tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- Cut beef lengthwise into 1-inch wide strips; cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces.
- Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of the seasoning mix.
- Heat oil in a heavy stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir-fry beef with onion for 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt, if desired.
- Add tomatoes, breaking them up with the back of a spoon, along with corn and remaining 2 1/2 teaspoons seasoning mix.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, 18 to 20 minutes.
Spicy Seasoning Mix
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients.
- Store, covered, in an airtight container.
- Shake before using.
- Makes about 1/3 cup.