19 Alarm Chili
- 1 #10 can tomato purée
- 1 #10 can whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 6 pounds good ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup commercial chili powder
- 3 tablespoons whole oregano leaves
- 1 #10 can red kidney beans, drained
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cheddar cheese, grated
- Sour cream
- Yellow onions, peeled and diced
- In a large pot bring the tomato purée and whole tomatoes to a slow boil.
- While this is heating, brown the ground beef with chopped onion.
- Add this to the tomato mixture.
- Add chili powder and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add oregano, salt and pepper to taste and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add kidney beans and simmer 30 minutes.